Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lone Star State

This trip is getting so nuts so quick. I didn't think anything could match the amount of fun we had in Louisiana. Then we got to Texas.

First stop was overnight in Dallas. We were all beat from the New Orleans the night before, and after a long, long drive we got into Dallas. Let me just say our EconoLodge room was nothing short of amazing. Busted AC, malfunctioning locks and sinks, broken TV...it got 1.5 stars on Hotels.com! Went to a rooftop patio at a place called Gator's in the West End and just relaxed for a bit. Pretty cool band was playing and we all got a turn on the cowbells. Then we just headed back to our fantastic room and I finally somehow got my first decent night of sleep.

Next day was awesome. Long drive to Lubbock, TX to meet up with Justin's friend Caitlin. Hours and hours of absolutely nothing except wind farms. But it was beautiful. Finally got to Lubbock, which for all of you back home is pretty much like the Dover/Salisbury of Texas. Except instead of being boring, we had a crazy time. Hung out and saw the sights with Caitlin and her friend Rachel. Quickly turned into a backseat dance party in the car which then became a full-blown five-person dance party back at the apt. Joe and I had a very special moment together sharing the always smooth taste of Keystone Light, except instead of back home, it was out of BOTTLES. BRILLIANT! Also, Lubbock is a dry town so right outside of it there is a place called "The Strip" which is basically a row of liquor stores which a bunch of florescent lights and it was ridiculous. The whole night was so much fun between the dancing, eating, staying up until the sun came up with Rachel, Joe apparently wandering into a girl's room, more dancing, and oh yeah, forgetting to eat dinner somewhere along the way. So the next morning after a refreshing one-hour sleep on the floor, I realized I my stomach was eating itself from the inside. A trip to a place that served Mexican food for breakfast (and charged me for my water) solved that, and then we hit the road to get to New Mexico. It was my turn to drive, but I only lasted an hour and Justin had to take over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you seen the Bodies Exhibit? If not you guys should go when you get to Ohio.