Friday, June 20, 2008

Grand Canyon

Next stop for us was the Grand Canyon. We checked out the North Rim which Justin said was the better side and not as visited. Got there and walked along the edge and was amazed. I couldn't even comprehend some of the things I saw...everything just looked like a painted backdrop. We were also surprised that the lodge had a saloon (haha). Set up camp and made a fire and just hung out. The next day the fellas went on a hike down into the canyon and I stayed behind because the blisters still were not fully healed. I hung out at the lodge all day and just checked out the views some more and flip-flopped around. From the way the guys looked when they got back from the hike, it may have been a good thing that I skipped it. Joe apparently was close to death, and we have a hilarious picture to prove it. Maybe if I ever upload more pictures it will be on here (probably not). Fun stop, and got a good chance to let my blisters heal a little more before Buckskin Gulch.

No comments: