Saturday, June 7, 2008

Atlanta

Took the subway to the Underground Atlanta, which is just a crappy mall. Then got on a shuttle and went to Turner Field to see the Braves play the Marlins. Obviously, I hate both teams but it was more beneficial to the Phils to have the Braves win. So for one night, I “rooted” for Atlanta (actually I just hated them less than the Marlins). Chipper Jones did hit his 400th career home run which was a cool thing to see.

Back at the hostel, I was trying to plug my cell charger in and knocked a glass of water all over some guy’s iPod, headphones, papers, and other stuff. I wiped it up best I could while Joe guarded the door. To complete the cover-up, we refilled the glass to make it appear as if nothing had happened, even though everything was all messed up now. I did not sleep well that night because I was thinking the guy was going to interrogate everyone in the room upon discovering the tragedy. Funny thing is at 4 am, he stumbled and knocked the glass over again. In the morning, he was listening to his iPod so I guess I got away with it.

No comments: